What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is basically an open-source WordPress plugin that adds e-commerce functionality to your WordPress website so you can have an online store. With the help of WooCommerce the WordPress website turns into a fully-functional e-commerce website. The plugin was launched back in 2011 and it very quickly became a solution for all those who wanted to build their own online stores. It is a free plugin and it works on all kinds of devices. WooCommerce is an ideal choice for online retailers as it combines strong e-commerce frameworks with WordPress flexibility.
Why Choose WooCommerce Development?
WooCommerce development is a complete package when it comes to e-Commerce solution. It is easy to use, fast and can adapt to any kind of business requirements.
- Sells Everything: WooCommerce helps selling products and services through a WordPress site. It allows you to sell anything. Be it physical products, digital products, services, appointments, subscriptions etc. It is extremely flexible when it comes to selling.
- Free and Open Source: Just like WordPress it is completely free. For any new retailer pricing plays and important role as it adds to the cost. WooCommerce is a solution to that problem. It is also open source therefore anyone can use and modify it according to their requirements, making it highly customizable.
- User-Friendly: This is extremely user-friendly and doesn’t require the person to know coding and all. It is very easy for beginners to use who want to launch an online store.
- Extensible: It is extremely powerful and extensible as it has plugins that one can add any functionality to the store without having any technical knowledge. These plugins can expand functionality in regards to how products are handled, shipped and how payments are made. There are more than 450 extensions which is growing every day that helps configure the online store in countless ways. If the retailers use the right plugins, WooCommerce is the best E-commerce platform.
- Data Control: It allows you to have complete control over your data unlike any other third-party platform, as there is always a threat that if they close you, all data will be lost. That is not the case with WooCommerce, all the data whether its customer history, purchases, store performance, you remain in control of it.
- Themes: WooCommerce has thousands of themes. WooCommerce development allows you to use those themes and make your online store look exactly how you want it to and doesn’t require you to be a programmer. You can do this with little or no knowledge about technicalities.
- Analytics: Analytical information is very important when it comes to any business. WooCommerce does provide us with an extensive set of analytics which is displayed in a clear and intuitive interface. It is also very easy to integrate third-party analytics extension like Google Analytics while WooCommerce development.
- Payment Gateways: WooCommerce development also allows you to choose payment gateways. There are more than 100 payment gateways that can be integrated to an online store. It allows retailers to accept checks, cash on delivery, bank transfer, or use PayPal to accept major credit cards and other PayPal payments.
- Secure and Compatible: WooCommerce development is secure. It ensures that there are no security breaches in your site. It ensures that the customers face no problem during shopping and making payments. It is cross-browser and cross-device compatible. It works well with all kinds of devices and browsers.
Also read: Things to learn from this Lockdown